We will explore the theory behind the book, REINVENTING ORGANIZATIONS, by Frederic LaLoux. His research is inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness. The next stage in human evolution has been variously labelled authentic, Integral, or Teal. The dynamics of human evolution hold true for Evolutionary Teal as much as they do for all previous paradigms: the more adaptive and flexible our worldview, the more effectively we can deal with problems we face.
The workshops will explore the theory described in Part I of LaLoux’s book:
Part I: Historical and Developmental Perspective
1.1 Changing paradigms: past and present organisational models
1.2 About stages of development
1.3 Evolutionary Teal
In the transition to Teal, we acquire three new learning styles. Do any of them sound familiar, or inspiring to you?
- We start by acquiring an Observational Learning Style — observation, participation and shared experience are the best teachers, as we gain insight by watching what happens to others because of their actions.
- Then, we acquire an Informational Learning Style — self-paced and tailored to the learning goals of the individual. Rewards are generated within the learner rather than provided from outside.
- And then we acquire an Experiential Learning Style — experiential learning involves a sharing of consciousness at a level beyond group affiliation, or the quest for information.
- What are the worldviews (philosophies of life or conception of the world) that underpin your challenge?
- What is the worldview that is required to lead through the challenge?
- What does self-organising look like?
- How can self-organising help you with your challenge?
- What are some next steps you can take to address your challenge?
Friday 18th November,