Our workshop uses the underling principles described in “Reinventing Organisms” by Fredric Laloux. The first 60 pages of the book is based on the work of Professor Clair W Graves who theorized that in response to the interaction of external conditions with internal neuronal systems, humans develop new bio-psycho-social coping systems to solve existential problems and cope with their worlds
Flat organisations with limited central control that ‘self-organise’ are considerably more effective. This fresh approach creates considerable opportunities in health and social care
- Flexibility and responsiveness around the patient/client.
- Greater scope for staff to use their professional skills.
- Happier, more fulfilled staff.
- Cost-effective through not having to carry big overheads.
What does it mean for a organisation to move decisively in this direction?
This one-day course offers health and social care organisations the opportunity to explore in balanced, reflective way what self-organising offers to tackle the challenges of the health and care agenda.
Using some of the principles of self-organising, the course sets out what self-organising means in practice and explores the key questions everyone has to consider in deciding to take up the approach:
- What examples are there of successful self-managing organisations and what are the magic ingredients they share?
- What are the building blocks of a flexible organisational structure that supports self-organising?
- How can clarity around roles and accountabilities be created?
- What happens to accountability, governance, performance management and safety for organisations operating under the principles of self-organisation?
- How can ending up with a chaotic free-for-all be avoided?
- How can responsible, binding decisions be taken under self-organising?
- How can the format of meetings be designed to move towards early action that has real buy-in?
To meet your hosts click here
Prior to the workshop, each participant will be asked to complete a cultural survey which is underpinned by Graves work on bio-psycho-social coping system which will help us in the design of the workshop, and some of the data will be used in the workshop.
Please e-mail for more detail on my email@example.com or Mobile 07880788759